In this role you are a financial business partner to Project Managers and Department Directors, by working intensively together in both the Proposal phase and the Execution
phases of projects. You are able to create a position in the organization where stakeholders find you and you are able to make an impact by providing accurate information and asking
the right questions.
In this role you will:
- Be a business partner for project managers in all stages of a project and to work alongside project managers to contribute to, influence and mitigate risks of projects to
improve project financial performance. You will perform independent analysis on project performance and assist/ report/ discuss projects by using the monthly Project Health Check
application with the Line management.
- Be a business partner to the Line management (Director Advisory Group and associate Directors). You will assist the line management in Financial analyses for the Advisory Group
on project results, working capital, portfolio analysis on markets, services & clients, review the P&L on actual vs budgeted costs, future workload vs capacity etc.
- Support the Business Unit Controller in delivering both regular and limited ad-hoc reporting and analyses.
- Receive on the job training, coaching and support from Business Unit Controllers and colleague Project Controllers.
- Be cultivating effective relationships with all relevant business customers (project managers, Director AG and other stakeholders).
- Challenge the proposal manager on financial and risk related topics (like strategic fit, risk/reward balance, pricing, invoicing, cash flow, (international) tax, currency risks,
pre-financing) during the Proposal phase of non-routine tenders.
- Play an active role in the company’s Project Health Check process which generates project performance information, looking both backwards and more often forward, and provide
analysis for decision making and project performance improvement purposes, using forthcoming data analytics opportunities.
- As a project team member, you will pro-actively signal areas of improvement and challenge project managers on non-resolved project issues with a potential impact on the
financial results (e.g. on forecasted results). Discuss identified areas of improvement with project managers and flag potential areas of concern that project managers need to
communicate to line management.
- Carry out any duties which the Finance line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of the role, such as participating in improvement teams/cooperation within
- Perform work mostly independent and determine own priorities without continuously being monitored by a direct manager: review of work is done indirectly and mainly only on
- Relevant Economics/Management accounting degree (preferred on academic level).
- Thorough understanding of the finance & management control discipline and underlying principles: capability to apply these in daily practice.
- Basic knowledge of related disciplines (like data analytics, IT and risk management).
- We are looking for a candidate with 0 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Strong business partner and commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Speaks the language of the business.
- Strong analytical and forward-looking skills.
- Capable of assessing the impact of all relevant project issues on the financial result (cash flow and profit), has a holistic view and as such understands the key drivers behind
a profitable project.
- Accurate and efficient.
- Self-starter/pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Independent and critical thinker combined with excellent team player skills, confident and forceful personality.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to develop as a (project) Controller/Financial expert in a large international company. We are an attractive employer with a good national and international
market position that offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional development.
- We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits. Salary info based on relevant working experience: BMS 2,600 – 4,200 EUR.
- We offer an inspiring working environment in a professional and internationally successful company. Characteristic of our company are the freedom and responsibility to develop
own initiatives. Our company culture is characterized by empowerment and accountability.
- Possibilities to work abroad; RHDHV is active in many countries. Working abroad could be possible (give trainings in offices abroad/ short missions for project related work).
- Participate in social events, Young RHDHV (Crosse selling day with colleagues from over the world, ski-trips, drinks, sports events), exchange programs, get in touch with
colleagues from different offices.
Why our people love working at Royal HaskoningDHV? Please check our video!
Interested? Please apply directly via the below button.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
In 2050 we will have welcomed two billion extra humans to our planet. We strongly believe everybody deserves an equal opportunity to lead a healthy, happy and prosperous life. Our
ambition is to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners to have a positive impact on people, our living
environment and the economy. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more; making them more
environmental friendly and healthier. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models and thus
connecting the digital world with the physical world we live in. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our
purpose is to ‘Enhance Society Together’.
- Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist